Unpacking racism racial trauma and racial violence for Black Youth
Webinar – Unpacking racism racial trauma and racial violence for Black Youth
For General Attendees
It’s vital for caregivers of Black youth to make race a part of everyday conversation and to help their children/adolescents process the range of emotions and thoughts associated with observing racial injustices and secondary racial trauma. We can use this moment in time as a catalyst to normalize talking about race, help their children cope and thrive within a system of racism, and cultivate activism.
Professional Development Option:
Attend and Earn a Certificate of Completion
(Certificates can be used toward training as an African-centered psychologist)
1. Participants will gain an understanding of racial trauma and contributing factors in Black youth.
2. Participants will understand the impact of racial discrimination on the mental health and wellness of Black youth.
3. Participants will learn strategies for talking to Black youth about racism, promoting healthy coping, and cultivating activism.
Did you attend and feel it was so stirring you just want to soak it all in again?
- Watch the full recording any time on demand for a one-time access fee of only $10!
- Already paid for certification? Get free access to the webinar any time on demand and download your copy of the presentation slide notes for free!
Already purchased? Enter your access code to watch on demand.